A little reminder of our competitions - closing date is Monday - enter by email :
We've two competitions for you including one for children.
1. Win a £30 gift voucher to spend on any books in our online shop
Answer the following three questions by email and if you're correct your name goes into our prize draw for the £30 voucher. Closing date - Monday 29th September
- As whom was the writer Mary Ann Evans better known?
- Which literary protagonist must deal with Grendel's mother?
- Which was published first: Parade's End (first pub. of Some Do Not ...), To the Lighthouse or Ulysses?
2. Children age 8-13 win a set of 6 Roald Dahl books for your school and a £10 gift voucher for yourself to spend in our online shop*.
Answer the following three questions by email with a parent or guardian and if you're correct your name goes into the draw for the set of group readers for your school and the £10 voucher. You must be aged 8-13 and have your parent's permission to enter. Doing research is allowed! Closing date - Monday 29th September.
- What is JK Rowling's first name?
- Where did Roald Dahl do most of his writing famously?
- Which was published first: The Secret Garden, The Wind in the Willows, or The Railway Children
*A parent or guardian will need to spend the voucher on your behalf. You should get the fun of choosing though!
To order use the code website30 at the checkout. You can logout as a guest or, create a new account. Your old password won't work as this is a complete new system. Sorry.
The discount is off book prices only, postage is extra. It can be used as many times as you like until Monday 29th at midnight. Browse our categories for ideas on how to spend it!